Sparkling Crystal, Radiant Colours, Spellbinding Illusions
Rotter Glas is refining crystal glass in the fourth generation.
In 1948, after World War II, Carl Rotter, originally from Silesia, found a new beginning in Lübeck. After his death, his son Wolfgang Rotter took over the company and was pleased to pass the studio on to his wife Birgit Rotter, who runs the company today. Selected retailers and various galleries, museums and exhibits across the globe globe sell and present the beautiful and unique hand-cut pieces from Rotter Glas. These art objects have long become cult objects that are passed on from generation to generation.
Many complex processing steps are necessary for every unique hand signed glass. Whether for daily use or as a decorative piece, Rotter Glass enhances every tabletop, whether classic, modern or timeless.
„What the artisan lacks in craftsmanship is found lacking in his art“
Until a glass cutter perfects his craft and the Rotter designs, he has undergone a three-year apprenticeship plus seven years of in house training. It is then that he possesses the crucial expertise and virtuosity to create new designs and transpose them to the glass.
If you have any questions regarding our products or a special request, please feel free to contact us.
- May 20-23, 2018 at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York
- Discover your favorite pieces of Rotter Glas for Christmas.
- ROTTER cocktail glasses are more intersting than most cocktail parties!
- In dem Kochbuch werden historische maritime Speisen neu interpretiert – inszeniert werden sie mit unseren farbigen Gläsern.
- As of January 2017 the underside of each Original Rotter glass is embossed with “ Rotter Glas”. Naturally, CR and the design number continue to be hand signed.